Sunday, March 4, 2012

Jorge Molina pt. 2








I've been pumping out heads like crazy. I just haven't gotten around to posting them. I probably won't be posting for a week or two so I can focus on school for a bit. Midterms will be coming up soon and I'd like to devote a lot of attention to them. I'll still be drawing of course but it might take me 5 days or so to pump out a hundred heads instead of the two days I've been doing them in. Aw well. That is life I suppose.

 Back to the awesome stuff. I was bored of doing these heads towards the end. Which is a shame because now that I've finished doing them I find myself thinking of other awesome head shapes to do. I have to commit though and move on. I learned  A LOT by doing these heads. The most valuable ,in my opinion, is being able to break my proportions. More particularly in the eyes. I can now eyeball the placement of the eyes and I just kind of feel it out now rather than measure it. After I found this trick I reduced my drawing time by a good 30 seconds.

 I passed 100 heads on my Nishimura style a while ago but I haven't gotten around to posting yet. If you're asking "Then why haven't you posted them with these?" its because I scanned these in last week and just didn't post them. Sorry I know this post seemed more like a random rant than anything but I'm tired. I promise I'll do better next time...........maybe.

P.S. My favorite head from the Molina bunch is the one where I mixed Jim Lee and Molina's style. It's tagged "dope" if you're interested in finding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment